BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This program is targeted to participants who have significant industry experience and are, or will be, managing or coordinating others. Participants are required to demonstrate their capacity to supervise and manage self, others and tasks/projects.
The program is delivered flexibly, so the learners can determine how quickly they work through the units and complete the program. The program is delivered using a blended learning mode. Blended learning means the student will access learning content and complete learning activities through a combination of modes, including:
- IBT’s online learning management system which provides student learning resources in the form of readings, workbooks, slides, documents, videos, websites, quizzes, activities and assessments
- Group workshops – face-to-face, teleconference and online
- Work site visits
- Personal mentoring with a tutor/assessor.
This course is designed to offer participants progressive improvement in their work practices. As such learning activities and assessment tasks are developed around real work experience and workplace projects, where possible.
Each unit of competency has standalone materials on the IBT website and standalone assessment tasks.
IBT offer a pathway from the AHC32816 Certificate III in Rural Operations to the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management for successful graduates who meet the industry experience entry requirements and are interested in a managerial role in the business sector.
This qualification can be completed:
- As described in this Learning and Assessment Strategy, which typically reflects the role of individuals who have vocational experience and are engaged in a supervisory capacity, but do not hold a formal supervision management qualification.
- Through successful achievement of lower level certificate qualifications.
- Through providing evidence of capacity to supervise and manage self, others and tasks/projects.
Examples of indicative job roles for candidates seeking entry based upon their vocational experience include:
- Leading hand
- Team leader.
The Trainer/Assessor will advise participants of further employment options and articulation into higher levels of training during the delivery of this program.
The program is delivered over a total duration of up to 12 months.
Face to face delivery and mentoring is conducted over 10 months, followed by a period for learners to collate their evidence and complete their formal assessment tasks. The additional time also allows learners to strengthen their understanding of the material presented and apply to the workplace where appropriate.
BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
BSBADM506 – Manage business document design and development
BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
BSBADM504 – Plan and implement administrative systems